SquirrelMail and PHP

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Jan 13 04:32:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 21:35, Kh Linux wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I hope, there is a PHP guru here to help me.
>
> When I was testing SquirrelMail last night, I found that, I could no longer
> press the 'BACK' button on the browser after I signed out.
>
> I've always wanted to do this on some of my PHP applications but do not
> know how.
>
> Could someone please tell me how that is done in PHP, or point me to a good
> site for this? Sorry, I more PHP-related; but i thought this list could be
> of help.
>
> Thanks,
> Vidol

They use the php session management... What they do is destroy the session on
logout and every page you load checks first if you have a session and if not,
then they kick you back to the login screen... So once you clicked log out,
your session stops existing and you'll get kicked to the login page once you
use the back button... just grep for session in the squirrelmail src dir...

If you want more info about php session handling there is a good url at
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Peter.