FC3 and SATA (un)support

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jan 13 07:54:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 18:24, Alberto M R Davila wrote:
> FC3 release has kernel 2.6.9.-1.667 and I use VIA controller, so should
> work... what I should check/do to have it working ?

If it is _in_ the kernel, then _nothing_ has to be done.

I was using a Gentoo LiveCD and it detected it right away.

There was another box using FC2, install went fine, but the HD went from
/dev/hda to /dev/sda once the kernel got upgraded.

I'm not sure how to help you with that, short of installing it on
another box and plugging it back to the org SATA box :-(