Success story with FC3 and SATA drive

mlreta at datafull.com mlreta at datafull.com
Thu Jan 13 14:24:41 UTC 2005

Hi, all.

I would like to share with all of you that I installed successfully, from DVD (ISO burned image), FC3 on my machine. It has the following config:

MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo, nVidia nForce3-250 chipset, integrated GigaEther, SATA, 7.1-channel sound, 8x USB 2.0, FireWire.
AMD Athlon64 3000+
512MB DDR400 RAM
Hitachi 160GB SATA drive
nVidia GeForce 2MX AGP video card

Installation run flawlessly, it reboots OK, and everything is up and running (*FAST*), except for eth0 that I had no time to diagnose.

I just wanted to let you know, since there seems to be some problems with SATA drives on FC3.

Thank you all,

Mariano
Tortuguitas, Argentina

Datafull - 100% Internet Gratis