Perl on Fedora Core 2

Kevin Ratcliffe kev at bolton-sfc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 14:58:35 UTC 2005

Hi

I recently installed FC2 on a PC and am currently trying to migrate a
CGI script written in perl from a RH7.3 PC.  When I use the CGI program
I'm getting the following in my apache error_log.

Can't do setuid
[Thu Jan 13 14:45:08 2005] [error] [client 10.1.4.2] Premature end of
script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/wkgt.pl

Has anybody any ideas as it's getting to be a bit of a headache now.  It
worked a treat on my old RH7.3 box.  I've heard that some versions of
perl don't like setuid scripts.

[root at dylan cgi-bin]# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Server built:   Dec  2 2004 12:41:15

[root at dylan cgi-bin]# perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.3 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Thanks in advance

Kev