kudzu problem when adding or replacing network cards

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Jan 13 17:06:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:09:08AM -0500, Robert Locke wrote:
> Not bug, feature....  <big grin>
>
> kudzu launches netconfig.  netconfig by definition is an overwriting
> operation.  It writes the
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interfacename> with the first two
> fields.  It writes the /etc/sysconfig/network with the gateway.  It
> writes the /etc/resolv.conf with the name server.

OK, it's a "feature" I can live with, it's not too often that you add or
replace network cards, and it is the correct operation when adding a
first network card on a system which didn't have one before.
However, I seem to remember from "the old days" (redhat 9 or so) that
kudzu offered to "migrate network settings" when a card was replaced.

David Jansen