Nervious wannabe new user asks for advice.

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 19:13:32 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 18:57, Maxim Eremeev wrote:
> Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> >Maxim Eremeev said:
> >>BTW, why not just give it a try by dual boot installation (I mean
> >>Windows and Fedora)?
> >
> >Dual-booting Windows and FC3 is notoriously problematic.  The user would
> >do well to read up on the geometry issues that come up before doing a
> >dual-boot; as far as I know, the bug is still present in FC3.
>
> Well, probably, I just did not know about it. Last time I used the dual
> boot on FC2. Never had any problem there and did not know that things
> had changed so dramatically for FC3 - sorry, then.

I have a C64 attached to this system here.  Works fine.  No ink monitoring
etc, no fancy Epson Printer Applet, but I hate that on Wondows anyway, always
pops up and blocks what I'm doing on the screen.  And I print so much I
pretty well know almost exactly when the printer is going to run out of ink
on me .. normally just 3 or four pages from the end of those 150 pages that I
*absolutely HAVE* to get in the post tonight ... and the post goes in 5
minutes.

.... and I used the last spare ink cartridge this morning.

--
Tony Dietrich