MySQL JDBC and Open Office

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Thu Jan 13 20:23:09 UTC 2005

I am  having trouble connecting MySQL to Open Office on Fedora Core3.
So  far  I get information for installation from MySQL and OO, but it
mainly  pertains to the MAC OS. Where  or how do I define the
$DRIVEPATH on FC3 Globally?
Here is the directions for a MAC install:
Copy the enclosed jar file to <JAVA_HOME>/lib/ext (under Mac OS X,
<JAVA_HOME> is in the location:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.Framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home/ 1.4.2
should be replaced with your current Java version.

Example:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.1/Home/lib/ext/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar

Jay Scherrer