FC3: Cyrus-IMAPD. Sieve authentication does not work

Sven Borkert sven at borkert.net
Thu Jan 13 22:51:00 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2005, 23:22 +0100 schrieb Alexander Dalloz:

> Sorry, you don't say how your setup is, so it's hard to debug what you
> seem to observe. (It is not me having the problem.)

Sorry, I'll try to explain it detailed. I would be very happy getting
this to work. I installed cyrus-imapd on my FC3 machine. I added users
with saslpasswd2 an cyrus-imapd is able to authenticate users
via /etc/sasldb2. The sieve daemon that comes with cyrus-imapd is also
running, its started automatically with cyrus-imapd and has no own
config. But it can't authenticate the same way imapd does.

The config files look this way:

[root at heptagon ~]# cat /etc/cyrus.conf
# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
#  pop3         cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
#  pop3s                cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
#  nntp         cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=3
#  nntps                cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
  # Sieve or NNTP
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

[root at heptagon ~]# cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt