FC3 - I'm anything but dissapointed

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Jan 14 02:50:13 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 18:40, Roger Sowerby wrote:
> Just have to say that I'm quite pleased with FC3 and have had very few
> if any real issues with it. It runs faster than did FC2 on my AMD
> k7-650 with 640 M RAM. I've installed and used a whole boat load of
> applications, some RPMs and some compiled from source with nary a
> complaint. My compliments to the Fedora Core team and the whole
> community!! I've been with Fedora since it's first release and look
> forward to the future. It's been lots of fun! Keep up the great work!

I'm enthralled with FC3 as well.  I did an upgrade from FC2 instead of a clean
install, and I haven't encountered any major issues.

I also upgraded KDE to 3.3.2 from the default install (using yum and the
kde-redhat project).  I used to be a GNOME guy, but after trying KDE on FC3,
I'll probably never go back.  Installing my DVD player was painless, I've had
no printing problems and no sound problems (once I got the audio cable from
the CD drive hooked up to the right jack on the soundcard), and I've
experienced absolutely no USB problems.  The problems I do have are
application specific -- gnomad2 doesn't do everything that I would like, so I
still hook my Zen Nomad MP3 player up to my Windows box from time to time,
for example.  Otherwise, no problems.

--
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com