Gnome & FC3 Desktop Questions

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 15 03:50:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 02:46:20PM -0800, Joseph Green wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My second question is, would it be possible to put a different
> background image into each workspace? if so, how do I go about doing this?

 In Gnome it's currently not possible to do this. KDE will allow you to assign
a different background per desktop, but not Gnome. I like this feature, but not
enough to switch to KDE. I mostly just use <Ctrl> <Alt> <arrow key> to switch
desktops, and remember what applications I put where.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will answer your first question. I've just
started experimenting with assigning hot keys to window manager functions
myself.