display problems with rhgb and kernel-2.6.10-1.8_FC2

Rich Ibbotson richibb at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 15 16:14:55 UTC 2005

Hi Kam,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't see anything relevant to this in
the fedora-list archives.  Maybe I'm missing something?  It surprises me
that nobody else has reported this problem, since it's so repeatable and
specific - boot with a 2.6.9 kernel and all is well, boot with 2.6.10
and the display is nasty.  Maybe something to do with the specific
display drivers (i830 under X11)?  I don't know if they have anything to
do with rhgb.

I can disable rhgb for now, yes, but I'd like to sort out where the
problem really lies.  I've compared boot logs for the two kernels, and I
don't see any relevant differences.  I hate to just give up and disable
functionality because of a kernel upgrade. :-)

-Rich