Static routes file

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Jan 15 18:02:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 11:55, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 15.01.2005 schrieb Thomas E. Dukes um 18:43:
>
> > > And for what reason did you create that anyway? It is not
> > > necessary - at least I do not see any difference from letting
> > > the route being automatically made from the network scripts
> > > based on the data in the
> > > ifcfg-eth1 config file. So remote the static routes file.
> > >
> > OK, how do I do that?  Why aren't the scripts doing it?  I'm not sure I
> > understand.
>
> What do you not understand? I said delete the static-routes files. It is
> neither necessary, nor has a valid syntax. The route is set up by simply
> having a proper ifcfg-eth1 file, like:
>
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

If he doesn't know about the file, it was probably created by
filling out the form in 'system-config-network' and it should
be possible to get rid of it the same way.   Normally you
don't need per-interface routes unless there are other
routers that you can only reach through certain interfaces.
If you only have one router, setting the default route
takes care of it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com