Firefox "Save As" Dialog ?

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Jan 15 19:15:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 10:50:10AM -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Saturday 15 January 2005 02:36, Dave wrote:
> > Am I the only one who HATES the Firefox "Save Page As" dialog?
> > It's awkward, ugly, and doesn't follow existing 'standards' ...
>
> Ha ha, just last night I went to download a file and for some odd
> reason the Firefox download dialog popped up ( I normally use
> Mozilla ).  I wouldn't go so far as frothing-in-the-mouth hate, but
> it was certainly annoying.  In spite of the text that said it would
> be downloaded to the user's desktop, I finally found the file in
> the user's home directory.  I need to find out why Firefox was
> started and disable it as I would much rather take the time to
> start another program manually which will store a file where I want
> rather than having to play "Hunt The Wampus".

Just click EDIT | PREFERENCES | DOWNLOADS then click the radio button
titled "ask me where to save every file".

As for the OP, I have yet to see him explain what it is about the
"save as" dialog that he finds to be so objectionable. They all
look pretty much the same to me regardless of which browser I"m
using, i.e., they all fulfill the same function. What's the problem?

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?