How to get packages not supplied by Fedora

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Jan 16 12:22:44 UTC 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 00:49, Kevin Fries wrote:
> I had lots of trouble with up2date.  It appears that every time I
> would connect, it would redirect me to a random mirror.  I never could
> figure out if it was my configuration, or just the way it works, but
> eventually I would always get hosed when some mirror was out of sync.
up2date  (as of RHEL3 and FC1 I believe) has the ability to use both apt and
yum repositories - I use yum personally.
just edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and add a couple of lines like these:
(find a mirror more local to you than the UK based ones, by looking at the
mirror list on the main fedora websites).These lines will wrap!
yum zeniiia-fedora-core-3
http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/distributions/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/
yum zeniiia-updates-released
http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/

There are lots of lines in the sources file that will give you ideas too.

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.