Core 3 not getting along with Via C3 machine

Michael Holloway mike_holloway at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:33:02 UTC 2005

Can't find anything just poking around in /var to help me diagnose the
problem, which probably means that I don't know where to look, but my old
Microtel Via C3 $200 wonder is hanging about once every several days while
remaining idle in run state 3.  Can someone suggest a fix?  I note in the
"unofficial" FAQ that Core 2 needed another kernel on the C3.  No similar
posts about Core 3.  Is there software I can disable that might help?  At
the moment I'm only interested in using the command line, ssh, and email.
Could some window manager still be working, even in run state 3, that could
be causing the problem?

Thanks,
Mike Holloway