NTFS driver problem

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 13:34:19 UTC 2005

Darren Li wrote:
> Absolutely no problem, but you know what, i have to fix my fedora first,
>
> my fedora cannot boot after I run this code "yum update"! it stuck at
> somewhere "cups" everytime.

Oh dear.

Looks like you're in a bit of difficulty. As I see it you've got two
problems.

But first, could you try to help us help you? When you're reporting that
something has gone wrong, *especially* if it's at the command line, can
you be as clear as possible about what you did, what happened, and why
you think this is wrong.

In this case, it would be helpful if everyone could see the output of
"yum update", and to know if you've modified yum's configuration.

The other problem is the mounting of your NTFS filesystem. You say you
have to re-install the driver each time, which has been met with a
certain amount of incredulity.

You would not normally see any reference to NTFS in the output of dmesg
(certainly not if the filesystem wasn't being mounted).

What happens if you leave out the reinstallation step, and just run the
mount command: you mentioned
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -t ntfs -r
which looks OK.

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "It was rare to catch His Holiness at the moment of
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | transformation into the Infallible Hulk."