Skype sound problem

Neil Marjoram n.marjoram at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 13:39:13 UTC 2005

I've looked hard for this one, sorry if it's been done before, but I
couldn't finf the answer.

I have just installed Skype, and all looked well until I tested it,
seems that I have a problem with the sound. As suggested I lloked at
permisions for the /dev/dsp, which is correctly owned by my Linux user.
Other audio programs, Xine / Mplayer / Realplayer etc are fine.

Also how do I test to see if the microphone is working, is there a nice
little Gui that displays the sound wave from the mic?

Thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram