LDAP Failover

Eric Hartmann ehartmann at rhinfo.com
Mon Jan 17 14:41:23 UTC 2005

Hi Neil,

We are using 2 ldap server (with a fail over configuration). On our
client side we added those parameters to /etc/ldap.conf :

host ldap1 ldap2
port 389

You are using an URI with a 389 port but with ssl (ldaps://), are you
sure that you does not want something like :

ssl:
uri ldaps://ldap2.master.co.uk:636 ldaps://ldap1.slave.co.uk:636

no ssl:
uri ldap://ldap2.master.co.uk:389 ldap://ldap1.slave.co.uk:389

Hope that helps,

-Eric