Why do I need mDNSResponder/howl?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Jan 17 16:20:12 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:
> Oops. Sorry, got too specific with the query.  I got the following
> result with this query:
>
> $ rpm -q --whatrequires howl-libs
> gnome-vfs2-2.8.2-8

Exactly.  And if you want to remove gnome-vfs2, you'll discover that it
is in heart of GNOME, so you'd have to remove practically all of GNOME,
plus some other apps (such as firefox/thunderbird, openoffice, and so
on).  Actually, on my system, "yum remove howl" was no able to calculate
any sane way of removing it, so it just exited with error.