Installing FC3 over RH9

.rp printer at moveupdate.com
Mon Jan 17 16:51:15 UTC 2005

On 29 Dec 2004 at 17:15, fedcore3 at alias.hotpop.com wrote:

> Message
> The way I did the exact same thing (no CD rom on machine) was to copy the
> contents of...
>
> heck, here's what I followed to do so:
> http://www.johnwyles.com/archives/2004/07/05/fedora_core_2_network_install.php
>
> Loosely, copy the isolinux directory to your RH9 /boot directory, modify
> grub/lilo to boot from it, then select network install (HTTP or FTP, I
> imagine NFS may work too) when prompted.
>
> A. Contreras

 These instructions worked great. I adjusted the instructions from fedora2
to fedora3 and run them. It took about 3 hours on a shared T1 line for the
actual installation and it went very smooth.
 The only problem I seem to have with the update is pine. It uninstalled
pine and when I tried to install the pine-4.61-1.i386 RPM I got an error
message of 'error: Failed dependencies:
	libldap.so.2 is needed by pine-4.61-1.i386"

This somewhat suprises me as I can't imagine the FC3 is not uptodate. I'm
hoping I don't need to do a build of pine.

Thanks for the URL - I can say it was well worth the small effort.