PCMCIA NIC not functioning properly in Fedora C2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 17:17:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:13, pchoppin at comcast.net wrote:
> > I still contend that this is seriously broken. There is a work
> around
> > but heaven help you if you have multiple pcmcia network cards.
> >
> > --
> > Scot L. Harris
> > webid at cfl.rr.com
> >
> > "Mind if I smoke?"
> > "I don't care if you burst into flames and die!"
>
> Do you mean to say that this is a known issue with Fedora?  Can I
> assume that you have seen this occur before?
>
> Pete

Yup, seen it before.  I have a Dell Latitude CPx laptop that has this
issue.  Many months ago someone on the list was kind enough to provide
the same solution for me and some others.  I had tried prior to that to
change the startup order for pcmcia services.  That seemed to work most
of the time.  But telling it NOT to start that interface at boot time
seems to work all the time.

I don't know if FC3 fixed this or not, I doubt that it did.  Still
running FC2 on the laptop so I have not tested it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Children are like cats, they can tell when you don't like them.  That's
when they come over and violate your body space.