Which 'bind' does Network Manager want?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Jan 17 17:52:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:22 -0500, William Hooper wrote:

> [whooper at token i386]$ rpm -qp --changelog
> NetworkManager-0.3.3-1.cvs20050112.1.fc3.i386.rpm | head
> * Wed Jan 12 2005 <dcbw at redhat.com> - 0.3.3-1.cvs20050112
>
> - Update to latest CVS
> - Fixes to DHCP code
> - Link-Local (ZeroConf/Rendezvous) support
> - Use bind in "caching-nameserver" mode to work around stupidity
>         in glibc's resolver library not recognizing resolv.conf changes
> - #rh144818# Clean up the specfile (Patch from Matthias Saou)
> - Ad-Hoc mode support with Link-Local addressing only (for now)
> - Fixes for device activation race conditions
> [whooper at token i386]$

I agree but that suggests that CNS might not be required in an
environment where resolv.conf doesn't change. I suspect that many, if
not most, users don't have a nameserver change when the pull the thernet
cord.

In any event, I cannot get NM to work - with or without a local
nameserver. I'll try the CVS HEAD.