USB storage device locks up FC3

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:42:31 UTC 2005

On Slackware, Kernel 2.4.x, this worked - I could connect a USB storage
device that held a SD memory card. I could mount it, copy files, move
files, etc.

Under the latest Fedora FC3 release, as soon as I connect this device,
the whole computer locks up. Can't do anything, expect power cycle.
Looked at all the logs (messages, boot.log) after the power cycle, see
nothing related to the lock up.

uname -a:
2.6.9-1.667 #1 Tue Nov 2 14:41:25 EST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Anyone have any ideas I could try to at least capture some info on why
it is locking up, if not any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Thanks!