Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 20:02:55 UTC 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 12:59, Matthew Miller wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:51:45AM -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>> It's there for experts, but IIRC was removed to avoid tempting
>> newbies to try a dangerous and difficult tool.
>
>Especially because experts can get to it anyway.
>
>Plus, many experts prefer to use disk druid anyway the vast majority
> of the time, because *it works just fine*.

And I have yet to use it, and have it work just fine. For an example,
the last time I tried it, it made a 500MB /usr dir on an 80GB disk,
and moved the 100 MB /dev/hda1 "/boot" partition to hda5, and gave it
10GB.

With help like that, I don't need any more enemies, thats more than
sufficient.  Gimme fdisk any old day by default.  It may be hard for
a gnubee to understand, but it does exactly what you tell it to
instead of silently 're-adjusting' things to suit its own warped,
broken, positively phsycopathic view of the world.

No thanks to DD.  I have enough insanity in my life, I'm married.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)