Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1 - a correction

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 17 20:09:29 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>  I would never use automatic partitioning under any circumstances.

> any rationale or just some personal belief?
>>  --

In my case at least (I didn't make the above remark)
I've absolutely no idea what "automatic partitioning" would do.
To me that is a bit like asking someone to "re-style" my house
without any idea if I'll finish up with a bath or a shower.
Or maybe I'll get a gym instead of a study.

Actually, in my case (as I said) I wanted to preserve
my Windows installation on hda1,
and I couldn't see any indication whether "automatic partitioning"
would preserve this or not.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366