Linksys WMP11 with Fedora Core 2

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 20:13:46 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> I'm thinking about bying new Cardbus wireless card these days too.
> Apperently cards with Prism GT chipset should work just fine with Linux
> out-of-the-box.  Linksys card doesn't use that chipset,  but there are
> several other cards that do (but again, one needs to be carefull, some
> of the cards I was thinking about have Prism chipset in one revision,
> but differetn (not supported by Linux) in another revision).

At one time Ornicoco was the way to go.   I don't know about today.

> Anyhow, buying a Linksys card would just show Linksys that I'm
> indiferent if they support or not Linux.  Buying somewhere else because
> they don't have Linux drivers is something different.

It is not Linksys that is to blame, but Realtek.  I found the drivers on
a different site.  I think that I will search for them again and see if
I can lsmod -f them.  Should be interesting.  Of course, this is after I
check out the 2.6.10 series for FC3.

--
James McKenzie