Web Cams

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Tue Jan 18 00:29:14 UTC 2005

El lun, 17-01-2005 a las 19:01 +0100, Alexander Dalloz escribió:
> Am Mo, den 17.01.2005 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 18:35:
>
> > It is in the Fedora Core kernel - and I am really glad that this is the
> > case. I have 2 of the Philips cams supported by the pwc module (now only
> > one module and not the couple of pwc + pwcx) and have ever been lucky
> > with quality for the price of these camera models. Here my syslog
> > messages:
>
> More information and details on:
>
> http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/
>
> http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/WebHome
>
> Very nice work and in no point less good than before the trouble between
> the previous author and the kernel guys arose.
>
> Alexander

Ahaaaa!, those links and also these another ones -posted before...

> http://lwn.net/Articles/100303/
> http://lwn.net/Articles/102246/

> --
> Regards,
> Rahul Sundaram

That's explains to me why...

After installing FC3 I surprisingly :-) got big frame resolutions
without trouble while managing GnomeMeeting & another webcam apps.
Asking to me what a hell they did to the pwc module in order to supply
the pwcx decompressor function so smartly..
Previously, in FC1 had to recompile a new kernel in order to add that
functionality to my webcam, a Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro. No trivial for
me..
Things are continuously changing to better in the Fedora Project..

List of webcams currently supported by the pwc module at.. -not too far-
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/WorkingWebcamsWithPWC

This new one, I have to try it..
http://www.vanheusden.com/setpwc/