Newbie Help Needed....

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:40:11 UTC 2005

David Amos wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Newbie here, have finally taken the plunge into Linux properly with
>Fedora (which I have installed, and am chuffed to say email is being
>sent from...) However I am having a few teething problems that are
>driving me up the wall, and hope someone can answer, or at least guide
>me in the right direction...
>
>1: I have a Sony Vaio laptop, and Linux runs fine ecexpt the Wireless,
>for which I have found the RPM's on sourceforge (ipw2200....) RPM's
>install but seem to be missing libraries, and have downloaded all
>relevent rpm's etc as I can find...

Sorry, can't help you here.

>2: I installed Fedora using the developer/work station setup, but cannot
>for the life of me get MySQL Query Browser runnning once again
>dependancies, but don't know where to look which package is required to
>allow me to install this.

I recetly installed this....what dependencies are you missing? I'll be
happy to point you in the right direction.

>I am currently wondering if it may be easier to install Fedora clean,
>and not download anything but the kernel update, and Wireless driver
>first to test...

I personally did a `yum -y update` before I did anything on the machine.
I took a note of some of the steps I took to complete my FC3 install. I
can provide thm to you if you'd like.