How to reclaim disk space from /lib/modules?

Choo Zhi Min zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Tue Jan 18 02:37:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

My FC2 /lib/modules now has 22 directories (from kernel 2.6.5 to 2.6.10
including SMP kernel), taking up a total of 950+MB of disk space. The
"/" partition is only 1.2GB, and now low on disk space because of the
kernel modules files in /lib/modules. When the next kernel update comes,
it will definitely run out of space.

How can I free more space from /lib/modules? Can I just delete the old
kernel modules files? Or yum uninstall? I have excluded kernel update in
yum for the moment.

Please advice. Thank you very much.

Regards,
ZM