Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jan 18 06:27:08 UTC 2005

0On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 23:46, Schlaegel wrote:
>  >That's not true. It works fine with multiple hard drives. I do it all
> of the
>  >time.
>
> I do this also. I use a second hard drive and have never had any install
> problems. I usually save a backup of my old root partition, then have the
> installer reformat everything but my home partition.

I've seen the pre-FC3 version do some really stupid things when you
give it more than one drive for an auto-partition install - like
putting /boot on one drive and nothing else, wasting the rest
of the drive.  FC3 combines them with LVM which seems OK. Also,
when trying to make all partitions as RAID1 mirrors on 2 drives
the pre-FC3 DD would always rearrange the layout in ways that
didn't work unless I used fdisk to create the partitions first.
FC3 seems to have a special case for this but I haven't tried
it yet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com