Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Jan 18 15:26:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-17-01 at 13:55 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Disk Druid is a dreadful program.
> Why has the choice of fdisk disappeared?
> I read that one could bring up bash (and so run fdisk)
> by Alt-F2 when asked to choose
> between automatic partitioning and Disk Druid (what a choice!)
> but that did not work for me.
>
> I wanted to re-organise my partitions
> while keeping hda1 which has Windows-XP on it.
> I couldn't see any way to do this with Disk Druid,
> so I had to start Knoppix, and run fdisk under that.
>
> It seems rather bad to me that one has to run another distribution
> in order to install Fedora.
>
> Maybe I am missing something?

...snip...
I have had no problems with either task.

I have deleted,renamed and created new partitions with
disk druid, including leaving windows partitions alone.

I have also switched to a virtual terminal to do some
maintenance as well starting the install CD in rescue
mode with out any problems.

I have no idea what your missing, but with a question
toned like that you probably won't find it here.