Fetchmail / Local Spool

Thom Paine thom at customnetworks.ca
Tue Jan 18 22:02:50 UTC 2005

Hi list.

I am currently using fetchmail to pull mail from my server and dump it
in my local mail folder in Fedora so that with gKrellm I can see how
many messages are waiting. The problem I'm having is that Evolution is
so painfully slow to retrieve the messages from the local mail spool.
And I mean unbearably slow. It normally takes 1 or 2 seconds per message
to pull it from the spool and put it into evolution.

Is this a known problem or should I try some troubleshooting steps to
take this further? It's getting aggravating because on a weekend I can
have as many as 1000 messages and it takes so long to retrieve them.
Connecting via pop it only takes a couple of seconds....

Thanks.

-=/>Thom