Autofs and direct mounts

Plant, Dean dean.plant at roke.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 11:44:56 UTC 2005

I am testing autofs on FC3 with direct mounts read from Solaris NIS maps.

I have enabled direct mounts by editing DISABLE_DIRECT=1 in
/etc/sysconfig/autofs.

On the NIS server I have test direct mount of:

/admin   -ro amachine:/export/admin

Which does not work correctly in FC3 but work's fine in Solaris,
/var/log/messages show's

cache_ghost: entry in yp:auto_direct not valid map format, key /admin

When I add the below direct mount, it works as expected.

/test/admin   -ro amachine:/export/admin

Is this just a feature of the Linux autofs not fully emulating Sun's autofs
or is this a bug?

Thanks

Dean Plant.

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.