Many Problems Solved

pchoppin at comcast.net pchoppin at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 13:21:19 UTC 2005

A couple days ago I sent a message to the list asking for advise on a problem I had with my PCMCIA network card in FC2.

Thanks to the many replies I have solved that issue and a few others I had on my system.

The resolution that I used was to upgrade to FC3.  Jeff Vian posted a suggestion that FC3 has addressed the runtime issue of PCMCIA services.  He was dead on and now my system runs great.

Some other issues which were less critical have also been solved including samba connectivity issues and some desktop configuration issues (note that these may or may not be directly related to the FC3 update).

Just wanted to post my results and say THANK YOU.

--
Pete