Remore execution of apps not possible in FC3

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Jan 19 14:36:51 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I just realized that there is no way to execute a
graphical application with X in another computer.
Both of them are using Fedora Core 3.

I disabled the access control with "xhost +" (Don't
tell me this is insecure, I know) in my workstation,
then I log with ssh into the server and set the
DISPLAY=<ip>:0 and then I execute a graphical app.
For example gkrellm or any system-config-*.  It always
says "cannot open display".

I used to have Mandrake 9 in my workstation and it
always worked fine.

I logged in the server with ssh, ssh -X, ssh -Y but
still it doesn't work.

Any help will be useful, thanx.

-William