Understanding Sendmail/Cyrus-imap installation... AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Jan 19 15:01:25 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 19.01.2005 schrieb Mark Weaver um 15:11:
>

>>Ok... Dovecot is running and being very agreeable. However, since I have
>>been away from Sendmail for such a long time I need a little help joggin
>>the memory. Its a given that I'm going to have to recompile the sendmail
>>config file... I'm just not sure exactly which setting needs tweaked to
>>allow SMTP connections for my LAN. (192.168.0.0) below is the contents
>>of the system's current Sendmail.mc file:
>

> Reading the sendmail.mc file would help.
>

>>Other 	dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4
>>loopback address
>>Other 	dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the
>>loopback
>>Other 	dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or
>>intranet.
>>Other 	dnl #
>>Other 	DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>

>>Mark
>

> www.sendmail.org/faq
>
> Alexander

Jaysuz Alexander...you're such a sweet guy! you always this grumpy?

And I have been "reading" the mc file. As I mentioned I've been away
from Sendmail for a considerable amount of time concentrating on a host
of other things and not spending every waking moment on Sendmail config.

I've tried setting this line a two different ways.
	Other 	DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
yields an SMTP connection refused message.

	Other 	DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=25,Addr=192.168.0.4, Name=MTA')dnl
yields a password dialog box from the client that isn't accepted by the
service on the other end. Which is exactly why I've been chasing my tail
as I have.

Thank you for the sendmail.org/faq link. I hadn't thought to look there.  :)
--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."