Why do I need isdn4k-utils

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jan 19 16:29:15 UTC 2005

> not as convenient as you can understand. in many places like our
> office, we do a cdrom based installation and then remove the cdrom
> device from the system. they arent typically connected to the net
> either. so its a bother. its a rather small software. i find the
> current choice to be a better balance.

*You* find it convenient. In 16 years of building PC's (thousands at
least) I have met *two* customers of mine who did such things. Now, I
won't say no one does it, and I have no problem with it. You are
entirely entitled to do that, and it may save costs or improve security
or both. Great.

But does this mean that installing that package on EVERY REPEAT EVERY
Fedora system is justified or a good idea? Even in the "minimal"
install? Even on routers or servers? Even in countries where there *is*
no ISDN? No matter what?

Hell no.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>