Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jan 19 18:54:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:19, Craig White wrote:
> ---
> > and 2) what it does show you is to be carved in stone, not
> > re-arranged willy-nilly after you've clicked on the next button.
> ---
> it doesn't
> ---

No, he's right on this one.  Try creating a layout with /boot first,
then /, then swap, then /home where DD creates all the partitions.
Every time I've tried without fdisk'ing the partitions first, DD
re-arranges the layout into some other order.  That is especially
stupid in the case where you try to make an identical layout on
the next drive and RAID1 mirror the partitions, then DD moves them
so they end up paired with something on the same drive.  FC3 has
some new options for mirrors so it may not be as difficult as before,
but we still need some way to nail down a layout in DD that will
be repeatable in the resulting kickstart file.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com