file selection dialog

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Wed Jan 19 22:07:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

is it possible to get back the old functional gnome/gtk file selection
dialog?

The current dialog used by e.g. the gimp and evolution obviously tries
to imitate the interface of Windows XP which makes it very inefficient.

Instead of just typing the file name as with previous versions I need to
activate the file system browser and locate the target folder and this
for every file.

Additionally the 'feature' to enter the name of new folders in the file
system browser interprets loosing the focus as confirmation which has
already caused me many unwanted folders. Window's file open dialog is at
least able to delete or rename these files.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Those, who are willing to give up essential liberty
for the sake of short-term security
deserve neither liberty nor security.
                                - Benjamin Franklin