Questions re desktop 150 miles away.

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:01:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:16:43 +0000, James Wilkinson
<james at westexe.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> David Hoffman wrote:
> > The tricky thing is going to be having the entire repository on a CD.
> > In my opinion, you might be better off just knowing what packages need
> > to be updated, copying the rpms for those packages to the CD, and then
> > manually (or through a script) doing the updates.
>
> Good idea: Fedora often issue more updates for a version of Core than
> will fit on a CD.
>
> James.

If the pc is only going to be used for email why not give her a
Knoppix or Ubuntu live-CD?  If emails are stored at her ISP or at one
of the free online accounts there is no need to store anything on the
hard drive.  You have nothing to install.  You just ship her the
latest CD as an upgrade.