Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 04:33:00 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 22:26, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>James McKenzie wrote:
>> If you want FDISK, boot using linux text from the installation
>> line.
>
>How does that give you fdisk?

Do a ctl+alt+F2, which will get you another virtual shell in most
cases.  You can use fdisk to second guess DD from there.  Or you can
even do the various formatting, journal installing, and labeling
operations from there, I just did it tonight, but the install bombed
anyway, claiming it was out of space when it had 44 GB to go before
it would have been full.  Go figure.  I said screw it and shut it
down.  Tommorrow is another day.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)