Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 16:45:08 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett said:
[snip]
>> So clarify for me.  Are you saying that:
>>

>> a) you tried it and it didn't work
>>
>> or
>>
>> b) you are dismissing it out of hand
>
> Basicly b, but I haven't restarted the install again to test it
> either.  And while I'm open for corrections, that machine has been useing
> dma as autodetected by the booting kernel without any oddities for a
> couple of months.

It hasn't been using it in the anaconda environment with the installer
boot kernel "for a couple of months".

You should try it.  The worst that could happen is that it fails slower.
The best that could happen is the install works and you can file a bug to
see if it can be corrected in FC4.

--
William Hooper