Dell Inspiron XPS: system consistently freezes using ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 & FC3

Peter Lawler fedora-list at six-by-nine.com.au
Thu Jan 20 21:38:56 UTC 2005

Hmmm,
The original poster mentions 'vanilla xogr.conf'.

Did they run fglrxconfig? I suspect that it has not.

The latest drivers, although requiring a couple of patches, work quite
well. There's a thread on rage3d.org about FC3 and the latest ATI drivers.

Yes, Tuxracer is 3d. I have no problems with Celestia, Tuxracer,
Chromium, Doom3, Stellarium. Although I do admit I'm not on a laptop.

Regards,

Pete.