Is this an X problem or mouse problem?

Tom Cross tomc at cloudnet.com
Thu Jan 20 21:53:13 UTC 2005

Just installed a bunch of new Dell 4600 computers with fresh installs of
Fedora Core 3 all with USB optical mice.  All computers have been
updated with all the updates-released packages.

Almost everyday someone comes back to their desk and finds they have no
mouse cursor!

If I jump to a text screen and then back to their X desktop
(Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F7) the mouse cursor is alive and well.

I would like to enter a bug for this item but I have no idea if I should
file it under X, screensaver, gnome, kernel, usb?

Thanks

--
Tom Cross           Voice: 320-253-6483 Ext 207      FAX: 320-253-6956
IS Manager                                    E-mail: tomc at kendeco.com
Kendeco Tool Crib                               http://www.kendeco.com