FC3 rescue CD source?

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:36:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:19:58 -0600, David Hoffman
<dhoffman2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:12:43 -0600, John Mahowald <jpmahowald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rescue mode is a special mode of the installer. It's just isolinux + anaconda.
> >
> > Install anaconda and check out the source, it's in python.
> >

> What's wrong with downloading the Rescue CD ISO Image and just booting
> from that?
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-rescuecd.iso

Sounds like the OP wants to add to it? I'm guessing he wants extra
utilities or something. Porbably that's presumptuous of me, but I'll
go on ...

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but you should be able to download
the iso, mount it with that loopback trick (I don't remember it, but
google or search this list's archive for "mount iso image") and edit
in place if you want to change some files, etc. on it. Then when you
burn the iso to the CD, it'll have your new files on it.