OT: Fedora and RHCE

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 05:55:16 UTC 2005

Hey Chadley,

If you don't mind a couple of questions, general ones of course not to
get too specific about the test as I would never want to do that.

I have been preparing for this for a while now, but I am scared of
wasting a lot of money and not being ready despite several years'
experience working with Red Hat starting with v.7.  Been through a
zillion network based installs, lots of LUG activity, lots of
tinkering on my own as well as on the job etc.  Went through one of
the prep books - both the old one as well as the updated one for
RHEL3.

1.  How does one gauge whether one is up to speed, as far as time
goes?  IOW, there are problems many people can solve, but solve in a
super-quick manner is another story.  That kind of thing is tough to
measure, but critical for an exam, especially a costly one.

2.  How many permanently set up boxes do most people use to prepare?
Obviously more than just one but would two work ?  THat has been a big
holdback for me due to cost; ideally I would like to have quite a few.

3.  Would it be worth it to wait for RHEL4 to come out and take the
course and exam then?  Since the majority of things are found within
Fedora that aspect doesn't seem to make much differrence, but maybe I
am overlooking something?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Marc