Named seems to have broken SSL

A. Rick Anderson a_rick at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 06:02:02 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Fr, den 21.01.2005 schrieb A. Rick Anderson um 4:19:
>

>>While trying to get a canonical version of chooted 'named' running,
>>something I did seems to have broken SSL.  The certificate being
>>presented for every https site is claims to be from "localhost.localdomain".
>>

>I really doubt one has to do with the other. SSL cert issued from
>"localhost.localdomain" (this is "hardcoded" information in the cert
>file) is the default certificate, to be found under
>/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/. For a custom cert you will have to explicitly
>give it the real service hostname as CN.
>

>>Any idea which file I broke that would be messing up SSL?  Could this be
>>related to rndc.key configuation?
>>

>To the last question: no, hardly.

The part that confuses me is that named and dhcpd are the only services
I have been meddling with, and obviously, the site
https://www6.software.ibm.com/developerworks/education/l-lpndns/l-lpndns-3-1.html
is not really presenting my browsers (both mozilla and firefox) with a
certificate from localhost.localdomain.

What would be causing my browsers to grab the wrong certificate for
https sites?

-- A. Rick Anderson