Sound card not detected -- Intel HD Audio

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jan 21 08:22:31 UTC 2005

Swee Hoe W wrote:

> I'm using onboard sound Intel HD Audio from Intel 915 chip set
> my Fedora Core 3 does not detect any sound driver..... is it any
> driver that I can download or other method to fix this problem?

FC3 uses a rather outdated version of the ALSA drivers (1.0.6). I'd
strongly suggest you to check the archives of the ALSA-user mailing
list, since this issue has been brought up many times, and I think there
is already a driver released in the latest version of ALSA (1.0.8). The
driver has recently been renamed (from snd-xyz, though I don't rembember
the new new name right now). Hope this helps. If you have any trouble
following installation instructions on the alsa-project.org website, I'd
be glad to assist in any way.