Add package to Fedora?

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Fri Jan 21 10:07:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 16:09 -0500, Paul Horos wrote:
> How does one suggest a package be added to Fedora? I've looked all over
> the place and couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Getting the package into Fedora Extras
(http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras) or submitting an RFE to
bugzilla.redhat.com (under the appropriate FC version and category)
might be a start (the former would be simpler and more likely in my
opinion, YMMV :-))

Check some of the larger apt/yum repositories to see if they already
have / may wish to package the program you want too - between say
DAG/FreshRPMS/Dries/ATrpms/NewRPMS there's a fair number of extras
covering quite a range.

> -Paul

Michael.

--