Newbie question - sharing files on dual-boot XP and FC3

Bob Brennan rbrennan96 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:44:35 UTC 2005

> Did you look at section 4.9 "How do I change the permissions of a
> mounted NTFS Volume?"?
>
> Paul.

No I hadn't got down that far. I scanned quickly and saw that it was
all NTFS related, and taking the warnings seriously I decided against
messing with NTFS at all.

I did go back now and read it however, especially the section you
bookmarked. That plus reading 'man fstab' and 'man mount' finally got
me a configuration that works as I want. For archive readers of this
post the line in fstab that works is:

/dev/hda6     /mnt/win   vfat    rw, uid=username, gid=username     0 0

Thanks for the help Paul!
bob